HTHC Priorities & Goals
- Raise public awareness about the need for affordable ownership and rental housing in Huntington and the impact of the current shortage on the future of our economy.
- Post facts from our presentation on our Facebook page and use it to drive traffic to the full report posted on our web site
- Hold a series of panel discussions focused on the issues raised in the Huntington Housing Horizons 2030 report.
- Work with the town to close all loopholes so all developments of 5 or more units require a 20% set-aside for affordable, attainable workforce housing.
- Support projects that increase the supply of rental and ownership housing units that have an affordable component.
- Work through the Affordable Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board to increase the stock of affordable housing in the Town, including to use the AHTF to support the creation of more accessory dwelling units (ADU’s).
- Monitor Town involvement with the HUD Fair Housing Assessments
- Work with the town to improve the process of obtaining permits to ensure safe rental properties without deterring property owners seeking to rent.
- Work with county and town government to reduce the time required for securing approvals for accessory apartments and other rental units.